You Need An Experienced Lawyer For Maryland Family Law Matters
Whether you are seeking an uncontested divorce or are fighting in an ugly custody battle, you need a family law attorney who will vigorously protect your rights. You also want an attorney who understands that family law cases can be expensive and works to minimize unnecessary costs.
Practicing family law since 2008, Stephanie Scales-Sherrin has the experience to assess your family law concerns and let you know what to expect. She tailors your representation based on desired outcome whether it be negotiations through mediation or a contested trial. Clients rely on her knowledge inside and outside the courtroom to get the best results in their legal matters. Learn about solutions to your unique family law issues by contacting her today.
Providing Full-Service Representation To Individuals, Spouses, Parents And Grandparents
You can come to Scales Law Group, LLC for help with all of your family law needs, including:
- Divorce: In addition to a standard divorce, Maryland offers limited divorce/legal separation.
- Child custody and support: Protect what matters most to you with Stephanie Scales-Sherrin’s help.
- Grandparents’ rights: Grandparents may petition the court for visitation and, in some cases, custody.
- Paternity: You may seek or contest paternity. In either situation, an experienced attorney can help protect your rights.
- Spousal support/alimony: Whether you receive or pay spousal support, the amount must be fair.
- Domestic violence and orders of protection: Stephanie Scales-Sherrin represents both victims of domestic violence and those accused. She is also prepared to fight any criminal charges related to domestic violence.
- Protection for minors: Maryland law allows for an emergency award of custody to a single parent or other responsible party. If you have child safety concerns, contact the firm to file a petition with the court.
- Guardianship of minor children: It’s important to establish guardians for minor children in case of your incapacitation or death. You can do this in your will.
- Estate planning: After a divorce, marriage, birth or death, you should update your estate plan. If you don’t have one, Stephanie Scales-Sherrin can create one for you.
If you do not see your specific need listed above, contact the firm to find out if Stephanie Scales-Sherrin can help.