Protecting Your Rights. Protecting Your Future.
- Criminal Defense
- General Practice
The Scales Law Group, LLC was founded in 2021 by Stephanie E. Scales-Sherrin. After relocating to the Eastern Shore of Maryland, she opened the firm and brings well over a decade of experience in matters such as family law, criminal defense, bankruptcy, and other general practice areas. The majority of her practice is contested litigation and she is known for standing up for her clients' rights in court. Stephanie is also trained to as a mediator and a parent coordinator, as well as serving as legal counsel for minors and incapacitated individuals.
Ms. Scales-Sherrin graduated from the Charleston School of Law in Charleston, South Carolina, with a law degree in 2007. Ms. Scales-Sherrin also holds a Bachelor's of Arts in Psychology from West Virginia University. She is admitted to practice in Maryland and West Virginia.
Stephanie Scales-Sherrin was chosen as a featured alumni for Charleston School of Law
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina
- J.D. - 2007
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Psychology
- Maryland, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2022
- West Virginia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2009
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2021 - Present Member
- West Virginia Bar Association, 2008 - Present Member
- American Bar Association, 2008 - Past Member
- National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2009 - Past Member
- Dianna S. v. Christopher S., 225, W.Va. 317, 693 S.E.2d, 70, 2010, West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- Benefitfocus.com, Data Analyst, 2004 to 2007
- Comprehensive Neuroscience, Project Manager, 2002 to 2004